An examination of the major psychiatric disorders commonly copresenting with substance-related and addictive disorders (Core Functions: Screening, Intake, Assessment, Treatment Planning, Counseling, Case Management, Referral, Consultation with Other Professionals)
1. Describe a typical, highly-functional human being.
2. Retain a general understanding of major psychiatric disorders other than substance related and addictive disorders, their presentation and treatment.
3. Describe typical presentations of mood, anxiety, personality, psychotic and executive function disorders.
4. Describe basic treatment strategies for these patients, including medications.
5. Distinguish common, prominent symptoms of mood disorders from similar symptoms in substance-related and addictive disorders.